As we are emerging tentatively from lock down, our health and well-being is at the front-most of our mind. I have seen lots of people exercising throughout lock down and it was a good excuse to leave the house. I tried to be as active as I could and taking my children with me doing Joe Wicks workouts, local area brisk walks whilst the children scooted, cycling and various different yoga and koo koo kangaroo exercises. I have had my children ask why we are doing it? I have found a website that outlines the benefits of exercise. There are 9 benefits here and I chose a couple to explain to them. They stopped asking why, so I’m assuming they understood the benefit.
- It Can Make You Feel Happier.
- It Can Help With Weight Loss.
- It Is Good for Your Muscles and Bones.
- It Can Increase Your Energy Levels.
- It Can Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Disease.
- It Can Help Skin Health.
- It Can Help Your Brain Health and Memory.
- It Can Help With Relaxation and Sleep Quality.
- It can reduce pain.
I focused on making you feel happier and boosting brain heath and memory. After a good conversation, they realised they weren’t just doing it because daddy said, but because it is helping them.